When I throw a partly I always like to start with an appetizer, but I do not always want to serve alcohol.
In that case a mocktail can be a great solution, it is fresh, tasty and it has the looks of a real cocktail.
A mocktail is a non-alcoholic cocktail
On my last party I made this strawberry, lemon, basil & mint mocktail. The lovely flavour of the strawberries combined with the freshness of the lemon sparkle the summer vibes already. The honey gives it the sweetness you desire in pink looking mocktail. The mint and and basil gives the whole drink a surpising twist.
This recipe is easy to make and your guests will be surprised with this lovely bubbly appetizer.
Serves about 10 flutes (100 ml)
- 500 gram strawberries
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 hand of fresh basil leaves
- 1 hand of fresh mint leaves
- 150 gr honey (add less or more depending on your taste)
- 1, 5L Soda water
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth.
If you don’t like the green dots of the basil and mint in the mixture you can always pass the juice through a sieve into a bowl to remove the leaves. I personally think it gives the drink a nice touch and shows that it is a fresly home-made drink
2. Add the soda water until you have the taste you like.
I combined 1/3 of the juice with 2/3 of soda water.
3. Serve the mocktail in a nice class and top it with a mint leave or a strawberry on the side.
Wow would love to try this mocktail.
Melanie de Bruijn says
Yes it is delicious <3