These mood lifting bliss balls are one of my favourite snacks. They are healthy, easy to make, refined sugar free and so yummie. Within 15 minutes you have good looking and tasty snack, so if you quick have to arrange something for you visitors those bliss balls are a great option.
The fun thing with those little snacks is that you can add what you want, the variations are endless. So just look what you have in stock and make you own creation.
I used a really simple recipe. The dates and the nuts are the main ingredients. You can replace the cashewnuts for other nuts like for example walnuts, almonds, pistache nuts, sunflower seeds. You can also add other ingredients like raisins, goiji berries, chocolate nibs. If you prefer a different taste than use other essential oils like grapefruit, peppermint or on guard (protective blend).
You can make them even together with kids, they love to roll the balls and decorate them. You only should be aware that they don’t eat them before they are finished…
Wild Orange essential oil
In this recipe I used the Wild Orange essential oil. Besides that this oil just smells and taste delicious it also have plenty of health benefits.
- Lifts the mood and energizes body & mind
- Aids in digestion
Recipe for about 10 mood lifting bliss balls
- 5 – 7 medjool dates
- 100 gram walnuts or cashewnuts
- 3 drops wild orange essential oil (be sure the oil is 100% pure so you can eat it)
- 20 gram shredded coconut
1. Remove the pits from the dates.
2. Chop the nuts in a food processor, when they are fine start the add the dates and the oil until you get a kind of dough ball. If it is not sticky enough add more dates, if it is too sticky add more nuts.
3. Roll the mix into small balls and dip them in shredded coconut to decorate them.
Please share your favourite recipe in a comment or on the Facebook page.
Sharing is Caring