Good food is part of my life, it must look and taste good, so I Always try to make everything I prepare special. This morning I started with a carrot, cocos and orange muffin. They are processed sugar free, lactose free and are also easy to make in a vegan and nut free variant. An easy recipe but so tasty. The big ones are great for breakfast or for in the lunchbox of your kids. The small ones they are great to serve with coffee or tea. Your guests will be impressed.
I served the carrot, cocos and orange muffin with a sauce of Pear, Strawberry & Orange, but plain they are great as well.
Pear, strawberry & orange sauce
You can make the sauce by cooking 2 pears (in little pieces), 10 strawberries (fresh or frozen) in the juice of 2 oranges until the fruits are soft. Then blend it all in the blender and let it cool down.
Lactose free decafé latte
I just love to have it with a café latte, but I directly feel impact of the caffeine and milk. Therefore most of the time I made one with oatmilk and decafé espresso and oatmilk. The advantage of oatmilk is that it foams just like cowmilk. Almond milk will work as well.
Recipe for about 12 carrot, cocos and orange muffins.
I made 9 big and 6 small ones
- 2 big eggs*
- 3 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 cups almond flour**
- 25 gr. haselnut**
- 2 bananas
- 5 big medjool dates
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted.
- 70 gr. grated carrot
- 2 tbsp goiji berries (cranberries or Raisins)
- 2 tbsp cacoa nibs
- 1/2 cup scredded coconut
- 3 drops of wild orange essential oil***
*100% Vegan Solution: replace the eggs with 2 tablespoons chia or flax seed soaked in 6 tablespoons of water for 15 minutes.
**Nut allergy: Replace Almond flour with Cocos flour and leave the haselnuts
*** you can replace the essential oil with the juice of 1/2 a squeezed orange
- Preheat the oven on 180 degrees
- Line a cupcake tray with 12 cup cake cases. (you can also choose to fill some big and some small ones)
- Beat the eggs until they are frothy, light, and even in color.
- Chop the Haselnuts in a food processor, when they are fine add also the bananas, cinnamon, coconut oil and the medjool dates until it is a smooth blend.
- Add the mixture to the eggs and the flour, finally add the grated carrots, the goiji berries (raisins or cranberries), the cacoa nibs, scredded coconut and the wild orange essential oil
- Divide the mixture between the cupcake cases and bake for about 20- 25 minutes until golden. insert a toothpick into the center of a muffin, if it comes out clean of with a few crumbs the muffins are ready.
- Allow to cool completly.
Enjoy your carrot, cocos and orange muffin.
Let me know if you liked it and share you own recipes on the blog on the Facebook page.
Sharing is Caring